The number of persons killed in Friday night’s attacks in Paris has risen to 129, Paris prosecutor says.
Eighty persons were reported dead after gunmen burst into the Bataclan Concert Hall and took dozens hostage on Friday night.
But on Saturday, the number of dead persons increased to 129 while at least 352 persons were injured.
At a news conference, Paris prosecutor, Francois Molins, said 99 people are still in critical conditions. He also mentioned that in one of the attacks, gunmen used a black Seat vehicle.
According to him, “three co-ordinated teams” appear to have been behind Friday’s attacks.
“We have to find who these people are, who their accomplices are, who ordered this, where they come from, how they were financed,” Molins stressed.
The siege to Bataclan Concert Hall ended when security forces stormed the building.
French President, Francois Hollande, visibly shaken, called Friday night’s events “a horror” and vowed to wage a “merciless” fight against terrorism.
Paris saw three days of attacks in early January, when Islamist gunmen murdered 18 people after attacking satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo, a Jewish supermarket and a policewoman on patrol.
The attack on the 1,500-seat Bataclan hall was by far the deadliest of Friday night’s attacks. Gunmen opened fire on concert-goers watching US rock group Eagles of Death Metal. The event had been sold out.
Within an hour, security forces had stormed the concert hall and all four attackers there were dead; three had blown themselves up and a fourth was shot dead by police.
People were also shot dead at bars and restaurants at five other sites in Paris.
Police believed all of the gunmen were dead, but it is unclear if any accomplices are still on the run after the string of near-simultaneous attacks.
Paris residents have been asked to stay indoors while about 1,500 military personnel had been deployed across the city.
Also, the government had declared a national state of emergency and nonetheless, tightened its borders.